Saturday, August 7, 2010

Day 1

I started my day out with a green smoothie made of frozen spinach, small frozen banana, local honey, organic vanilla and filtered water. It came to about 16 ounces, but I only was able to drink about 12 oz. Buddha Bear loves smoothies and thought he needed some to go along with his applesauce and cheese stick he wanted.

For lunch I cooked a poblano pepper in a skillet and topped it with a black bean, rice and local honey mixture. It really needed something else, but I am not sure what. I did make it to the natural food store this afternoon and picked up a few things to try and incorporate in my diet. Nutritional yeast, raw apple cider vinegar, some eggplants, coconut milk, quinoa, and some medjool dates. I have a few different recipes that these will be used for and I am so excited. I will go do some more grocery shopping this evening after the Buddha Bear goes to bed for the rest of our 2 week groceries. One of the challenges I will be facing is the junk food everyone else eats will still be present in the house. But I am prepared to prepare my snackies =)

Dinner tonight for the family was a greek style turkey hash. I really did not feel up for it. So I attempted to make a chickpea/black bean falafel. It turned out to be more like heated bean patties, but the flavor was really good. I had been roasting some poblanos on the grill at the same time - I love the smell of roasting chiles, it reminds me of my childhood. I decided I could not just put these peppers away and filled one of them for a bean paste relleno.

That was awesome.

Even without having cheese or any of the usual accoutrement required of a chile relleno. A small side of artichoke hearts and couscous finished off the meal. I did go back and make a quick small batch of raw cookie dough. This time I pilfered some of the raw mesquite honey that has been sitting in the back of the cabinet we bought in New Mexico. This batch was really rich - I am glad I make small batches, because I would eat the entire thing regardless of how much it is. I have one of the worst sweet tooths - hopefully over time that will diminish.

So, here is our current measurements:

Neck: 14.5 in
Chest: 38 in
Bust: 43.5 in
Waist: 42 in
Hips: 48 in
Weight: 212.8 lbs

Here is how I compare to January 2008. My last known measurements prior to my pregnancy with the Buddha Bear:

Neck: 15.5 in
Chest: 38 in
Bust: 44 in
Waist: 39 in
Hips: 48.5 in
Weight: 205

I know there can be so many factors of why I am a little heavier, from the difference in time of day, clothing I am wearing and even water retention depending on the weather and foods I have eaten in the last few days. But I am happy that we are starting at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment