Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Day 3 and 4

I have been full of energy and everywhere mentally the last 2 days. SO I have neglected the posts.

Sunday night I gave myself a treat. I made a mostly non-dairy BUSHWACKER!!!!! A traditional one is made with half and half as well as vanilla ice cream. The plus side was that it also calls for cream of coconut. I would have liked a better brand, but we worked with what we had. I had made some banana soft serve earlier with some chocolate chips in it so I used that, the cream of coconut, godiva liquour, kahlua and dark rum. I don't drink a lot of alcohol, so I kept it at 1-2 tbsps of each. It was a little too sweet for me, because of the cream of coconut, so next time I will cut that in half and use a nut-milk with it.

Yesterday:
I had a green smoothie for breakfast. Lunch I made fresh rolls with the red leaf lettuce, grated carrot, sprouted quinoa, my last piece of nori and the rest of the peanut dressing from the day before. For dinner I made everyone else quesadillas. I sorta wanted one, but opted for making a layered enchilada with a combination of spinach, corn, chick peas, black beans, poblanos and onion. I layered it on a warmed flour tortilla (they use vegetable shortening instead of lard) a couple scoops of tomatillo salsa another tortilla and more yummies. I sprinkled a little nooch on top to give it some cheesiness.

That is the hard part for me - cheese.

I chewed minty gum while I made everyone's dinner, so I would not be tempted to sample the jack cheese. I was very successful. I did sample more of the caramels and finished of the raw cookie dough for my sweet cravings through out the day.

Today:
This morning I set out to get some stuff to make a BLT, I have been craving one.

I grabbed a dairy free tofu chocolate chip piece of cake - OMG it was awesome. I only ate half of it, saving the rest for later since I still have no oven :::pout::: I got some SO Delicious Coconut Milk Creamer, so I may have my evil coffee - lol. I picked out some "bacon" and some veganaise and some sprouted grain bread. Mama was having a sammich!

I don't do well with fresh tomatoes, so I rehydrated some sun-dried tomatoes, mashed them with some pine nuts for a pesto-ish spread to make my YUMMY BLT. I added quite a bit of red leaf lettuce to give the illusion of a full sandwich. I am trying to make myself recognize satiation by making things appear more than they are.

Tonight I will be grilling steak for my omnis and a big portobello for me. I am not sure if I will have pasta tonight with the others, because I picked up a box we have always used and did not check the label. But there is always salad!

I promise I will make this blog a little more exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment