Tuesday night's dinner was soooooo good!
Grilled portabello, pickled veggies and a broccoli,
edemame and olive pasta salad dressed in veganaise
and dill. I liked this since I grilled steak for everyone
else (except Buddha Bear who had chicken). It gave
me the chewiness that a steak would have had, and
I used some Worcestershire sauce to get that sorta
steaky flavor.
I have been trying to decide how I really want to use this blog. I have really no clue at this time other than to continue doing what I am doing. But saying all of this I nearly forgot about what to write today. I was hoping to hold myself accountable for what I eat everyday. But honestly I don't want to be stuck on the computer all day when I can be enjoying life with the Buddha Bear. Maybe eventually I will get one of those smart phones and I can make smaller posts and updates as needed for this blog.
Yesterday's meals seem to have slipped my mind, save for dinner - which was a throw together at the last moment when I realized I did not buy the ground turkey for everyone else's dinner either. I had fortunately been making chicken stock (I try to get the most out of everything I buy for food - even when I am no longer eating it). I threw in leftover streamed rice and edemame as well as some frozen carrots and corn and made a quick soup. I saved some of the rice and edemame for me, diced and boiled a potato - smashed it up, and added the remaining leftovers with a cup of frozen broccoli and some nutritional yeast and vegan butter. My goal was to make a broccoli and cheezish soup, but it was lacking. It was still good and I ate it all, but not the results I had wanted.
Today for breakfast I made a scramble of zucchini, tempeh, onion and kale. I need to season it better - it was a little flat in taste. Lunch was a poblano stuffed with peppered almond cheeze on a piece of sprouted multigrain bread. This evening I had the most awesome grilled cheeze sammich. Same bread as earlier. One thing I have done with my grilled sammies thanks to my dad - is spread mayo on the inside to help with making the cheesey and creamy. I did the same for mine - using veganaise and some cashew cheeze helped add a creaminess to the peppered almond cheeze even though it does melt without the use of casein.
Tomorrow I am looking forward to having dinner. I am going to be making some southern yumminess. Country-fried steaks (I am doing mine in pressed firm tofu), homemade mashed potatoes, with corn and green beans. Just wish my oven was working so I could make some baked apples for dessert.
I have been trying to decide how I really want to use this blog. I have really no clue at this time other than to continue doing what I am doing. But saying all of this I nearly forgot about what to write today. I was hoping to hold myself accountable for what I eat everyday. But honestly I don't want to be stuck on the computer all day when I can be enjoying life with the Buddha Bear. Maybe eventually I will get one of those smart phones and I can make smaller posts and updates as needed for this blog.
Yesterday's meals seem to have slipped my mind, save for dinner - which was a throw together at the last moment when I realized I did not buy the ground turkey for everyone else's dinner either. I had fortunately been making chicken stock (I try to get the most out of everything I buy for food - even when I am no longer eating it). I threw in leftover streamed rice and edemame as well as some frozen carrots and corn and made a quick soup. I saved some of the rice and edemame for me, diced and boiled a potato - smashed it up, and added the remaining leftovers with a cup of frozen broccoli and some nutritional yeast and vegan butter. My goal was to make a broccoli and cheezish soup, but it was lacking. It was still good and I ate it all, but not the results I had wanted.
Today for breakfast I made a scramble of zucchini, tempeh, onion and kale. I need to season it better - it was a little flat in taste. Lunch was a poblano stuffed with peppered almond cheeze on a piece of sprouted multigrain bread. This evening I had the most awesome grilled cheeze sammich. Same bread as earlier. One thing I have done with my grilled sammies thanks to my dad - is spread mayo on the inside to help with making the cheesey and creamy. I did the same for mine - using veganaise and some cashew cheeze helped add a creaminess to the peppered almond cheeze even though it does melt without the use of casein.
Tomorrow I am looking forward to having dinner. I am going to be making some southern yumminess. Country-fried steaks (I am doing mine in pressed firm tofu), homemade mashed potatoes, with corn and green beans. Just wish my oven was working so I could make some baked apples for dessert.

Just making my way over here. How is it going? You haven't had any cheeseburgers lately, have you? :) Keep at it!
ReplyDeleteI did cave about a week ago. Part due to the stresses of working a new job that is overnight and the other part was poor planning on my part to provide myself with a healthy meal for my 2 am lunch. But other than that for the most part I have been sticking with it. Thankfully today is shopping day - which means I can regain some ground =) Eventually I will start blogging about this again.
ReplyDelete